lake systems multi troller help!!

found one of these in mom's garage of all places. anyway, really can't get it working off of my battery. only works when i hook it up to an extension cord and plug it in to the wall. first of all, does a 12volt marine battery have enough juice to power this up? second of all, it makes a buzz when plugged in but doesn't go up or down. Am i doing something wrong? any help would be appreciated. thanks

TRY 220 volts .............just kidding if its afishing thingy not many boats run extension cords anymore and have changed over to 12 volts systems .the humming is a 60cyc thing acc.with house current applied to a flat d/c moter, if ya didnt fry it already try 12 v again you may have freed up some brushes or bearings otherwise take it to a marine service or find a handy man who can help ya with it CAUTION ---dont plug anything in a receptical (outlet)that ya dont know goes there..even if it has a 2 prong plug end........

I had one on my boat, Liked what it did thats way I bought it. they don't make it any more the probes leaked and if you put them into very cold water condensation formed inside the probe and killed it. I wouldn't spent any money buying used parts you mite find out there,it would be a waist of good cash. You mite be able to put standard down rigger cable on it and use it for a down rigger if the computer works. I thank the 110v may have killed it to. Thats why it was buryed in the garage.