boat docking pricing

maisie

I am looking for a spot to dock my 21ft. boat for the spring/summer months. I live in Ontario, NY an am willing to travel about a half an hr. I have found that alot of the spots around here are like 900.00 a season. Which is to rich for my blood. So all you fishermen do you have any thoughts?

If you can get to the East Side of Sodus Bay, you'll do better than that for a no frills dock. Try Fowler's Marina at their Island View Marina section(like their cheap seats). You can get a safe dock and parking for pretty reasonable. 25 ft pontoon for months of August and Sept last year was $200 or so, as I recall. It was the inlaws boat, but it was pretty cheap - they didn't holler, so it had to be good. FYI Fowler's had ethanol free gas at their gas dock last year, too. Henner's BayBridge sport shop another no frills dock spot for the budget minded. There are a couple bar/restaurants along the East side that rent docks by the month as well, sort of on a case by case situation (they don't want them all taken, like to leave some for customers), take a drive in the spring and you can stop in and ask them, too. They can be pretty negotiable.