New equipment

Considering the winter we are having. Thinking we might be able to get out a little earlier. I looking through a few of my boxes at my tackle and was wondering what will work this year. So, I guess the question I wanted to ask you guys was, what do you think will be a HOT set up this year?

Just asking, because if I don't have it, I will need to go out and make a purchase. Thanks,

Tony

I think the hottest tackle is going to be -whatever they hit that day ;)

Seriously alot of the same stuff works year in and year out. Same color's just maybe a variation on the pattern. If you gotta buy something "new" look for new stuff out on the market...new color combo or different size.

The only TACKLE that i have purchased this winter that are going to be hot are a ton of ITO 6" and 4" flies. yes every manufactor has flies but the color combos ITO has are unreal. The color combo's are all proven fish killers but every pattern has a slight "tweak" to make them stand out over other flies.

check them out online http://www.itoflies.com or at the upcoming LOTSA show.

Other than that stock up on the NBK's, wonderbreads, and all the other go too's

Second that what KING ME said. Been using his flies for a several years now. Even before anybody on this site ever hear of ITO. Can't wait to use the 6" flies more often this year. Have a few color schemes stuck in my head for this year. Another great thing about Ryan, is that he tie anything up for you. If you can dream it, he can tie it. Great quality and not a wallet beater. :yes::yes: UP!

Ryan from ITO does have a great idea with the 6 inch flies. we used both 4 and 6 inch last year with alot of luck. He made a few up for me, one was the Black Betty which worked great with the 42second paddle, the other was the lucas it worked great with any of my white paddles. And they are priced right.

Good luck

Been picking up the 11" paddles to run with the 6" ITO flies. Been in talks with him for over a year. Has some good ideas from another big pond. He has some great combos on his website. Has some nice dolphins colors and last longer compared to the competition. I will be using ITO flies for 3 years this spring, its all I use. I caught tons of fish on chrome spinny and a golden green or green crinkle, always a hot ticket. Remember white on white and green on green. Never go wrong with either one.