Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

After the report of ice yesterday I called Dawn at Warrens 6am and she thought it was fishable so two buddies and I headed to Sodus this morning from the fingers. Got to the coast guard station at about 7:30, ran in to shameless checking things out for us all. set up heading west one foot waves from nw. Clipped the 3rd rod on and 1st fish ripped it wright off. We fished all the way past Afro then turned around. Waves were 3'-4' at this time but still plenty fishable, gotta love the lake-O rollers. Temps were 32-33, cold. best depth was 13'. When we finished at 1:30 we were 17 for 20. four fish were in the upper 8 to 9 lb range; the rest were 3-6lbs. T oward the end we had a large/fast fish rip one of the board and peel line for about five minutes till it came off. Probably an Atlantic or Bow.

102_2964.jpg

102_2965.jpg

Looks like you had a great day even if it was cold. I was wondering about the wind and waves but I guess you were able to handle them. Keep safe and thanks for the report. I'm headed for North Carolina for the weekend and hope to get out next week if the weather allows.

Rich and I went 8 for 10, nothing over five pounds.. My GPS decided to not work for some reason so I had no idea of our speed and it gets tough in that rougher water. Had to constantly check the lures next to the boat to see if they were running decent lol. Nice job though! I should have been out earlier. The report didnt look good but I didnt see one chunk of ice in the lake or even close to the launch.

Yankee,

Not the bottom, I handed the rod to my buddy and I know the difference. Could have been a king; that would have been cool for sure.

so basically what you're saying is that you gave away the rod with the first king of 2012 on it? You're a better man than I am!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png