fishing out of Fairhaven

Hello everyone, I am coming out next week with my father and son for my maiden voyage on Ontario. We are trailering our 25 foot thompson over for the week. Does anyone have any pointers? I hear the water temp is all screwed up, what does that do to the fishing around Fairhaven?

I bought some echip dodgers and some howie flies, how fast should I run them?

Thanks

ps the information on hear from all you fishermen is just awsome.

thanks alot.

Ben

we will be on ch 68 monday our call name is bomber.

We did fish Saturday from right out in front along the beach to the first wash out hill to the east. 80 to 110 FOW, 35 to 70 feet down. Flasher/flies were the ticket for us in that zone.

Richard

AKA: Doolin Fish

The fish moved off the beach after the NW wind on Saturday night. We had a fantastic day on Sunday after the blow out front in 115-140 FOW, and they smashed 'em yesterday out there as well. Today they're getting them out in that depth again but not at the same frenetic pace as yesterday.

We worked out in front real tight all week long like Richard did on Saturday and did pretty well until Friday morning. When we set up on Friday morning our fish were gone so we moved and found fish out deeper way East late in the morning on Friday and filled the box in just over an hour. We went back to that hot spot on Saturday for the Challenge hoping they'd still be there and they were gone. Guess we shoulda stuck close like Richard did. Good move Richard, it sure paid off for you! Congrats on the strong finish.