Tournament tie rig

I tied a bunch of my own trolling flies the past few weeks. I am at the point where I'm going to start tying the rigs. What type of knot is used to tie the treble and octopus hooks?

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

A couple of suggestions things I would do differently then the video are...

- 2-3 beads between hooks and 1 bead between the octopus hook and the fly

-#1 or 1/0 trebles and 3/0 or 4/0 octopus. All of the rigs I tie are #1 treble w/ a 3/0 octopus

-50# fluorocarbon. Not because I think it out fishes mono but it lasts longer. Fluorocarbon will keep you fishing longer.

-spend the money on good hooks

:yes: Love the tourny tie

What Legacy said!

Only other comment is sometimes I prefer a good ole improved clinch knot on the treble rather than the snell because it hangs straighter. When I tie a snell the hook gets cocked off at a goofy angle! Hee hee.

JAM

Check out the swing hook modification video as well Jammer. You might like the free swinging treble version. Seems to minimize the leaders getting jammed in the bend of the treble and has to increase fly action. All of our new rigs have been tied with these the last couople of seasons and no issues with hook-up rates whatsover.

Thanks for the replies . I'll check out the videos. I usually tie a improved clinch on most of my hooks but I know that's not what is used on the tournament tie for the rigs and I can't use that for the octopus hook above the . I have 50lb fluoro

I'll be good on that. I figure I'll tie about 30 up and that should do me for most of the season.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png