Hot Lure:none

Trolling Speed:1.2-2.4

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:8-30

Lure Depth:3-18

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

very tough day for me yesterday on the big o. we started the day with a flat tire on the trailer a day after the lugs broke off the bearing on the other side of the trailer! quick tire change and we were off the mex point in the fog. i was surprised at how many boats were at the launch when we got there. had to be 25 rigs, on march 17th! dumped and headed to butterfly to get set up. worked from 8 out to 30 from catfish to the high rocks and found some warmer green water that had some fish, but only managed 1 solid hookup. i also noticed the fish we caught was hooked under the mouth so i'm guessing he just slapped at it and got hooked. didnt see many nets dipping anywhere. did watch one guy threw the nocs fight something big for about 10 mins. saw it make a few runs and then watched the rod come flying back at him with limp line. big brownie or a salmon maybe?

on a side note, the boat idiocracy has already started! on multiple occasions i had guys either "trying" to push me in, squeez between 2 of us working together, or just flat out not be watching where they're going!!! i couldnt believe that with the fog as bad as it was, we saw guys bs's at the back of the boat setting lines not watching where they were going and litterally came right at us. this guy cut me out of a turn twice yesterday (once pushing me over the flats east of catfish forcing me to bring up my riggers and dipsey to make sure i didnt lose them. its only 5-6' in there!!) also while not paying attention. someone needs to be driving the boat at all times when visibility is that low! sorry for the rant. just not use to the ignorance so early in the season. i'll be out again a few afternoons this week and probably one day next weekend so i'll post conditons and results when i do. still cant believe we're fishing browns with this weather in march! going to be in the 70's this week, crazy!