perch fishing chaumont bay

john1947

Hi,

I heard on another site that the perch fishing is pretty good at chaumont Bay area. Anyone have any information on this. Its going to be a toss up between lake erie or chaumont bay area

Thanks

I fished there last week and it was slow we got about a third of a pail. Fish were not very abundant or as large as usual. I also talked to a friend that fished Three Mile Bay two days ago and didn't do well. From what I've heard it hasn't been as good as usual.

I called chaumont hardware and was told before the cold spell ,many many big perch were taken by the bridge in chaumot.The perch are still there and havny spawned yet so the next warm up should bring some good fishing.I plan on going sunday for a few days.I also heard eel bay and kring point have been good. Anywhere you find the baitfish the perch will be there.

Last fall the perfch fishing at sodus was the best in many years. I went out about a dozen times and took our limit in usally less than two hours.Saw very few entries here on that good fishing even with the many boats there.

Good fishing guys ,the perch are alot better eating than the browns.