Cayuga April 1st

Headed out of Long Point around 8:00 after a sea trial calibration of the auto pilot headed south along the east shore. BIG thanks to Mower and LiL Jake for the recommendation on the autopilot and Mower for sending me to the installer....everything worked great. Picked a couple LT on the south troll and headed across the lake to the west shore just south of Sheldrake. Hit a double as soon as we headed north towards Sheldrake and the auto pilot kept us on track for a couple more while we landed and release a couple 6lbers. Blue Dolphin with a blue buckeye fly...Chrome and Green SD with and an irodescant flly and a Sutton all around 70' over 125-150 fow caught all the fish. Great day on the water although a little chilly and wet.

Hal, glad the autopilot worked , you will not want to fish with out it. I think my wife would probably divorce me if I removed it and made her drive.

The launch was ok....water is still real low and we had to back half way in the lake to get the boat to float but stayed on the concrete.....no problems getting the boat out but I was glad I took my hip boots. Gotta tweak the auto pilot a little bit yet to get it to track to a way point a little better but overall things went well. We're planning on taking it out again on Saturday....Hannah is all wound up about getting back on the water. Hope to see or hear from you then.

The probe worked like a champ...reads both surface and at the ball speed and temp down to a tenth of a mile. The surface speed is was almost always .2 to .3 off from the GPS so I would assume since its a paddle wheel that its alot more accurate. Surface yesterday was around 40 with 39 at the ball. Never really changed alot but I'm looking forward to being able to find the zone a little easier when things start to set up temp whise.

GOOD JOB HAL !!

Way to go on the auto pilot!!

I'm prolly years away from getting that!!

I would like to get a 4 stroke this year, 9.9 long, electric... (Honda ;) ?? )

and a CARPORT for the boat... ??

I could really use auto pilot for all the alone fishing I do ...

so when u see me doing donuts trying to reel and drive.... just point and laff !!

I'm getting my boat uncovered shortly... been sick for week and half... slowed me up!

I do want to get a switch for my batteries... so I can use/charge either or/both...

see u out there soon!! :yes:

ps... i need a better fish finder too....... mines pretty crummy

Yeah my daughter and I are pretty pysched about the autopilot.....should make things alot easier. If you keep a close eye on the selling consumer to consumer chat board you can find some pretty good deals of some of the stuff you may be looking for. Headed out saturday so I'll post how we make out. Hope to see you on the water soon.