Hemlock Report

Trolled the southern half of hemlock on the west bank zig zagging between 20 and 60 ft of water pulling spin docotr fly combos and spoons off the riggers, and sticks off the boards. We weret trying to find some more brown and bow action like the week before. Unfortunately my depth finder started saying we were in 160 ft of water(the lake maxes around 96) and 1 ft of water in about 5 feet. The plan was to try to find some action in shallower then headout deep for lakers. Without a depth finder however im not about to go balls deep and lose em. Besides it was red skies that morning and im not takign any chances. (Red skies in morning sailors take warning). Anyways we lost 2 about 50 ft behind the boat and had another snap the floro leader within about 10 sec of being hooked. Hot spoon was s stinger scorpion off one rigger in tangerine and a 4 inch rap off the boards. Overall a dissapointing morning fishing but a great day to be out on one of the last undeveloped lakes to enjoy the scenery. However I shall have my revenge on the fish this coming up tuesday. Tight lines everyone.

RL- Saw ya out there...I was in the grey boat with Beagle in the front! Had about 6 hits total lost two heavy fish, hooks pulled...one was when you were north west of us out over the deep and I was on the east shore, certian it was a big brown-pulled at about 3:30. Did 1 laker- spin doctor and 1 small bow-cheater tangerine, nice day out there for sure! Did you launch out of the south?

Chuck

i fished the lake last weekend for the first time and it turned into a disaster. launched out of the north end (should have brought waders ) caught no fish and had the wind turn us in a 360 when we had 5 lines and two boards out that was fun. caught no fish and had some issues at the end of the day. will try it again though just gonna modify some things and bring waders