Cayuga 4/14

Went out of Meyers around lunch time.....tried flat lining for a bit but knew the sun and time of day weren't on our side. Went deep with the riggers and dipsy's and not a single fish.... then around 4:00 the bite turned on. Lost count of how many lakers we caught between then and 5:30 when we called it quits but it had to have been over 20....all around 100-120 feet deep over 150 to 175fow. Had our first triple and the new auto pilot made it very easy to land all three. All except for one were small but lots of fun. The only keeper of the day was caught on my bass fishing buddy's YUM tube behind a green SD.....I'll never hear the end of it.....that's the second time he's found a way to sneak that foolish thing on one of my rods and both times it's caught a nice laker.

Gotta love that autopilot! I was up at the camp today and I still need a lot more water to put the boat in. Good to see a few guys are getting out.

Not the yum bait again :lol: We did 26 lakers at the north end. Ben's new girlfriend reeled the 600' copper 7 or 8 times. Most of our fish were copper and dipsy's. Wes

Yep the YUM bait strikes again. Never saw him grab it when we were setting the lines. You would have thought he just hit the lottery when that big laker came up with that thing in it's jaw. Sounds like you had a good day also. Probably should have gone north but hoped to do some flat lining later in the day. Still had hopes of getting some silvers late in the evening but then we started hammering the lakers and didnt want to stop what was working. If Ben's girlfriend reeled that copper in that many times he better treat her right or else. :lol:

Gotta love that autopilot! I was up at the camp today and I still need a lot more water to put the boat in. Good to see a few guys are getting out.

Yep you guys pointed me in the right direction with that!!! :yes: I think someone said once you have it you wont know how to live without it and they were right. What a difference!! Thanks again for the advice and recommendations.

There you go.....that would be a good one.....the newest thing in his box is an Alabama rig....they look just like a grease trap. I told him the bass guys are a little slow but at least they finally figured it out

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png