Hot Lure: bright stickbaits & bright NK spoons

Trolling Speed: 2.2-2.4

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 10-20

Lure Depth: riggers 4-6'

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

On a short notice, I read the weather report and I felt that wednesday evening would be the best chance to get out given the gloomy weather forecast for the weekend. Quickly, I gathered the boys and the three of us met at dock before 6 p.m. The forecast called for flat and calm lake however we met the lake with stiff NE wind with 2' wave pushing the boat. This is manageable only because I had 2 guys to work with. I would not have made it out easily solo.

Started out slow and bites became steady once we covered the area in front of Webster Park. Surface temp was around 49 degrees. The graph looked good with so many marks in between 12 to 20 FOW. I was warning my buddies about lone salmon that may show up out of blue.

6 rods out - 5 on planer board and one on a rigger. My other rigger was inoperable after I lost the ball and the whole 250' of cable to the shallow water the other day.

Smithwicks, Rebel stickbaits:' Orange, Firetiger, glow green and yellow took hits. Stickbaits were out between 100 to 140' off the planer board.

Rigger down 4 to 6' with NK spoon yellow and orange behind the prop wash took hits. Lure was 30' out.

Nice browns were taken in 6 # range. Of course, the captain has to catch the biggest fish. I landed in a decent 8-10# atlantic salmon after 10 minutes battle. All were released successfully to fight for another day.

It was a fun evening as the lake calmed down slightly by the time the sun set.

They are out there! Go get em!