Trolling/Casting for Eyes at Night - CONSESUS LAKE

scramp

The last couple of years, I've managed a single eye, each of the openers. Basically trolling with a XRAP (usually yellow), JUST outside the docks.

My question is, people say they get in close? How close? Like cast shore and real back?

Better trolling or casting?

Sinking or floating rapallas?

Should I get out a little deeper?

First , I'd stop trolling and start casting. Go with black/silver or black/gold husky jerks and work inside 6' of water. There are going to be a lot of weeds this year so it will be a challenging opener for sure but, always catch fish on Rapalas.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Really, just cast.......Are there better spots than others on Conesus. Don't mind sharing, where I've caught my two. Both have been on the South End of the lake. One outside the Conesus Inn on the East Side, and then last year about 1/4-1/2 mile from the south end on the west side.

Jerk baits? They are floaters right? Are you jerking them around or reel/stop?

I don't fish your area but the name of the game is slow in spring, they are called jerk baits because of the technique used by bass guys.

I use a slow steady retrieve or slowly drag it with rod tip, then reel slack then drag slow another foot or so then reel.

j

If your casting have a pole rigged up with a mepps #2 or #3 red with white stripes. We use that regularly when casting for bass in June and pick up a few nice walleye that way too. When I troll its usually in 20-30 FOW up in lake ontario (Chaumont bay area)