Dipsey diver Question

Ive heard of people somehow attaching a rubber band to their reel to hold the spool but when a fish hits the rubberband releases to know when theres a fish on. How do you set this up? I've tried lookignup pics on google images but coouldnt find anything. Advice appreciated.

I use this sometimes during rough seas or running mag dipseys to keep from having to tighten the drag beyond what I call a normal setting. Just half hitch a rubberband on the line above the reel and drop the open loop over the handle. When the fish hits it will cut the ruberband or it can be easily broken if it's stubborn.

This is done at times to stop creep of the reel under the pull of the dipsey. It allows a looser drag setting. Just half hitch the rubber band over the wire between the reel and the first guide, snug it up tight, then loop it over the reel handle behind the knob. Usually, the strike will break the band. I'm sure there are variations, but this is the basic idea.

That's a cool idea! Though if you're getting a lot of creep or have to really crank em down, consider upgrading the drags to carbon fiber. I have found they are less prone to this than standard felt drags (you can set the drag more precisely)

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png