Dipsys, Spin Doctors, Flashers and Flys.

Okay Guys and Gals,

Our first voyage to the big pond this weekend for 3 days. We are all set up mostly for browns (Stinger Spoons, Stick Baits) with leadcore, and boards and 2 electric downriggers. My question to you guys is, should I invest in dipsys, flashers, flys, and spin doctors before coming up there incase we arent getting anything in tight?? We will be fishing Mexico Bay and Oswego. I am not looking for specific reports on whats hot and whats not, but any information regarding this before I go and dump another $250 would be GREATLY appreciaited. Thanks guys.

Are "E" chips a necessity????? I picked up a few spin doctors and hammer flys at gander today but they didnt have anything with chips in them. Does it really make that much of a difference?????

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

All of my Atomik flys I have ran have only had rattles in them and kicked butt, but I just ordered some with chips to try. They still sell the rattle ones so people must still do business with them. It will be interesting to run them against each other and see. I have a funny story about putting flys up against each other. I had a wht/ grn dot SD with a hammer fly firing consistently so I put a brand new set up down and ran it and it wouldn't fire. Leads and leaders the same. I noticed the one that was firing was all wadded and narled up from fighting fish. So I brought the new set up in and narled and wadded it all up. Bam bam bam it started firing. The next year the crinkle hammer fly came out and in the water it looks like a reg hammer that has been chewed up a bit. That green crinkle hammer fires nice behind a bull frog pro E.Paddle.