king me / fired up rochester weeekend report

Wow is all i can say, the lake is continuing to put out unreal numbers of fish....with 30+ hook ups a day the normal for the past 5 weeks! Lake ontario is on fire!

This past weekend we had some first timers with 3 boys on board so we decided to stick with a brownie program. Started off slow till we got past shipbuilders and found some clearer water- solid mud from river to just past shipbuilders. Once we found a pocket of greener water all heck broke loose amd limited on browns in a short time and a few jumbo smallies we tossed back.Mostly cookie cutters but some in 8-10lb range. best water was from cross to just before webster pier.

Best depth was the 12-18 foot range. only took 3 or 4 fish on sticks (black/silver, black/gold) with 2 large split shot 125' back all the rest chewed spoons off riggers and the boards. Wonder bread/silver cup and dirty white boy glow cup early then NBK and anything green/black/silver on it.

We swung out on way home to 60' -80' range looking for some coho or steel. no luck on them but had a few king go on the riggers. We stayed in that same range to about Ibay and loaded up on suspened lakers. All but one was over the slot limit. The kids where loving them. Spin doctors (white green dot and albino gator) with ITO black fin tuna and go irish flies on riggers 15-45 down and divers 75' and 120' out.

The kids had a ball!

will be out this week and back fishing for the kings 8) post as soon as i can.

tight lines, sharp hooks and fish on!

Barry-

what's that saying i heard a long time ago......."even a blind squirrel can find a nut" Laughing my boys off!!!!!

Picture157.jpg

you gotta get back up here in august. also did you get them spinnies?