Conesus...5/13/12

Dustin and I took a quick trip this morning...primarily to try out my new bow mounted trolling motor...Dustin did some casting while I played with my new toy :) . I gotta tell you...very impressed with the new Minn Kota ipilot trolling motors the thing worked flawlessly, extremely accurate..and I used it off and on for 4 hours and never moved a bar on the battery meter. Anyway back to fishing..Dustin didn't have much luck casting so I asked him if he minded if I played around with my new chamberlain releases to try and get them tuned in. Spent some time adjusting them and got them adjusted pretty well and decided to leave the two smithwicks that I had on the rods down for a bit and just cruise around the lake, after about 1/2 an hour I asked Dustin if he was ready to go...because him and his sister were cleaning the house for mothers day, and he said ok. I pulled the first rod and after reeling it in pretty fast for about 10 cranks it felt heavy, thought maybe I had some weeds until the rod started to bounce!! I said Dustin grab this rod I think we have a fish. He fought it for a couple minutes and said, yeah I think its just a small one Dad...until it saw the boat!! Off it went, I cleared the other rod and grabbed the net as he was reeling it in. Finally got it closer to the boat and it surfaced...very respectible Pike. So a very successful shakedown cruise with the new trolling motor.

Tom

Dustin_Pike_5_13_12.jpg

Hey that is a great day, musta let mom sleep in for the morning and the kids were gonna surprise mom with the house all clean. Glad to hear the trolling motor is working :yes:..nice alligator too!

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

hey tcon,

I have the 80lbs 24volt terrova with ipilot. worth the pain it wasn't cheap but setting a course and speed is just incredible. My boat is a 16smoker so it motors along at 2-3mph trolling for 6hours with no low battery issues.

enjoy, happy reports!! :yes:

Chuck,

Can't say enough about how impressed I am with the motor! Give me a call and I'll talk you right into buying one :lol:

Tom

Brad,

Yeah I was trolling with the ipilot probably 1.5 - 1.7 (wich I would assume is a little slow for pike) and right after I popped the downrigger I reeled it about 5 cranks almost as fast as I could reel and WHAM! Very exciting!

Tom

Bob,

Unfortunately my wife had to work, so Dustin and I snuck out for a couple hours :lol: and then Dustin and McKayla cleaned the house for mom :yes:

Tom

Mark,

You hit the nail on the head! " kids were gonna surprise mom with the house all clean" Thank you. Yeah that motor was just what the doctor orderd. :lol: I can't wait to try it trolling for trout on one of the finger lakes!!

Tom

T H 9

Thats probably one of the things that impressed me the most I trolled for probably an hour straight messed around with the spot lock...saw how fast the motor would pull the boat (3.5 mph) and that was with the gas motor dragging in the water also, so probably about a total of 4 hours and the battery meter never moved.

Tom