Memorial Day Weekend 5/23-5/28

Well, Mike Burt- the duke-ster got the pre fishing days covered for me, with those big bows and browns oh and my big Salmon!

Well, Saturday morning hitting the lake, we knew right where to go. Had some clients from PA aboard. I first off wanna state how great they were and that it will be my pleasure to have them back again in the future. With that said, I have heard they will be back next year. Anyways, We ran north and hit our hole from the day prior. We set up shop, with the 4th rod out we hit a small salmon, get the spread down, another salmon. Next thing I know, the line is screaming, Inline 200 copper, bobber down, after a fifteen minute fight, we get a 6.21 lb brown in the boat. Set the rod down, and the other core fires, bobber down, After another nice fight, a 5 lb brown hits the deck. We hit many more small salmon. While working the western shore, the 300 copper went. Yup you guessed it, BOBBER DOWN. After a nice fight on our OKUMA Clarion, another 5.5 lb brown hits the deck. At this point that morning fog had lifted, slowing the bite way down. We worked out area, and moved out deeper. Hoping to get the silvers to start biting. Zip. Worked the west shore back south and hit some lake trout and a few more salmon. We finished with around 12 fish saturday.

Saturday night, Joe and I headed out at 5 to fish for a couple hours. We ran two rods. 150-250 down dragging bottom. The lake trout bite was on but could not get anything over 3 pounds.

Sunday, had 5 clients from the wells.. These guys were not in the derby. With the prior nights laker bite, I fugured we would set up the same spread, but fuller. We hit salmon and browns instantly. All of a sudden, the Dreamweaver SS Bloody Death spoon on the 150 copper, SCREAAAAAAAMMMMMM! Yup, Bobber down!! This guy was tired, I mean the client. He fought the fish for quite some time, boating a 7.4 pound atlantic. Beauty. We were on fish, hit some more salmon nothing of the size. We hit a few more fish. We heard the bite was on north. We ran up the lake. As soon as we set up we hit a nice 5.5 lb brown. Worked the area south. Hit a rainbow. GRAND SLAM!! Hit a few more smaller salmon. Made the run back to the dock. Cleaned shop And Joe and Lil Mike and I went back out to run the program the night before. The Temps were back!!! We trolled the south 150 line and moved up the best side boating some lakers, nothing to speak of but had a blast watching the sunset and enjoying a few good laughs with the raw washdown ...

Monday, Had a client from Jersey on board. He entered the derby. we setup on the east shore, trolling across the mouth. HOLY DEBRIS. We Hit numerous salmon and a small brown. We Were heading north of the plant and the rigger rod goes straight down, FISH ON! Hit a nice 5 lb brown on DW SS Lemon Ice. Made a turn to pass back through there and got a small bow about 13 inches, As we head south, the debris field had covered some lines. I cleaned up and changed the spoon on a 200 copper to my secret O&M Spoon. I set the rod, and went to grab a snack out of the cabin, as soon as I set foot down the step I hear SCREEEEEEAAAMMMM!!! BOBBER DOWN, the client had asked me to help out on this one, So i worked the board in and let him take over from there. After a few more minutes off battle with a charging, and running fish, boat boated a beautiful 6 pound Atlantic. Really nice fish. Page was really happy and said this one fish made his trip worth it. This was the only fish he wanted to keep. We fished for a few more minutes and picked up when the storm moved in and the other boat stole my leadcore!!

Hope everyone had a blast, and is going to attend the SENECA SHOOTOUT!!

Great job Nick. Good seeing you again. If you ever get any free time and want to go out on Lake O (Sodus) for some big Kings, let me know. My boat is always rigged and ready to go!

That's some good fishin little buddy! Thanks for turning my salmon into a brown trout on monday! It tasted wayyy better! haha! BTW your scale was dead nuts with their scale... 7.03 :clap: