Pro-Am this weekend...

I'm not liking the current forecast for the Pro-Am this weekend: :(

Friday

East winds 10 to 20 knots increasing to 30 knots in the afternoon. Rain. Waves 1 to 3 feet building to 5 to 8 feet.

Friday Night

East winds to 30 knots becoming southwest and diminishing to 10 to 20 knots. Rain in the evening...then showers likely overnight. Waves 7 to 10 feet subsiding to 3 to 5 feet.

Saturday

South winds 10 to 20 knots becoming southwest 15 to 25 knots. Showers likely...then a chance of showers. Waves 2 to 4 feet building to 3 to 5 feet.

Sunday

West winds 10 to 15 knots becoming northwest. A chance of showers. Waves 2 to 4 feet.

Doesn't look like we'll be running 45 mph anywhere, that's for sure! :$

hmm all 4 directions or close to it ,gonna make for some interesting currents and temps..

If ya shut down on em ya should be in the money........as we used to say "Should Level The Playing Field"

I'll be watching the pro/pros from the couch from now on, gettin a little pricey for me..

EVERYONE BE SAFE AND GOOD LUCK. Gonna be some observers earning their pay this trip. :puke:

I hope the lake has time to settle a bit before the wind does its 180, otherwise we'll have quite the washing machine down there: 7-10's out of the east with 3-5's out of the west/SW!! :thinking: Yeah, I just hope all this wind swithing up doesn't shut the fish down or push them super deep! :$

Either way we're prepping for a snotty weekend - our version of deadliest catch!! ;)

The forecast I'm seeing doesn't look as bad as the one you posted but it's not much better. If this forecast holds true I will be able to fish in my little 22' boat but any more than this will be a nice donation to teams with a bigger boat.

Friday: E wind 16 to 19 kt increasing to 22 to 25 kt in the afternoon. A chance of rain and thunderstorms, then rain and possibly a thunderstorm after 7am. Waves 2 ft building to 5 ft. Better get out in the morning before the winds pick up and get 3 big ones for B.F.F.

Friday Night: E wind 18 to 23 kt becoming SSE 9 to 12 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 6 ft subsiding to 1 ft or less. I'll be sitting at the Motel if anything over 3's show up.

Saturday: SSW wind 17 to 20 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. A chance of showers. Waves 2 to 3 ft. Doable but sucks for a 22' boat.

Saturday Night: WSW wind 17 to 20 kt decreasing to 13 to 16 kt after midnight. A chance of showers. Waves 3 to 4 ft.

Sunday: W wind 11 to 13 kt. A chance of showers. Waves around 2 ft. Doable....hopefully the fish will still be around.

From weatherundergrounds site:

Forecast as of 3:45 PM EDT on May 31, 2012Small Craft Advisory in effect from Friday morning through late Friday night

Niagara River To Hamlin Beach Along Lake Ontario-

Tonight

North winds 10 knots or less becoming east and increasing to 10 to 20 knots. A chance of rain after midnight. Rain likely late. Waves 2 feet or less.

Friday

East winds 15 to 25 knots increasing to 30 knots. Rain. A chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Waves 3 to 5 feet building to 5 to 8 feet.

Friday Night

Southeast winds 15 to 25 knots becoming southwest 10 to 20 knots. Rain with a chance of thunderstorms in the evening...then a chance of showers overnight. Waves 5 to 7 feet subsiding to 1 to 3 feet.

Saturday

Southwest winds 15 to 20 knots. A chance of showers. Waves 2 to 4 feet building to 3 to 5 feet. Winds and waves higher in and near thunderstorms. See Lake Ontario Open Lakes forecast for Sunday through Tuesday.

Statement as of 3:47 PM EDT on May 31, 2012

... Small Craft Advisory in effect from 6 am Friday to 2 am EDT

Saturday...

The National Weather Service in Buffalo has issued a Small Craft

Advisory... which is in effect from 6 am Friday to 2 am EDT

Saturday.

* Winds... east to 30 knots.

* Waves... 5 to 8 feet.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A Small Craft Advisory means that wind speeds of 18 to 33 knots

are expected to produce hazardous wave conditions to small craft.

Inexperienced mariners... especially those operating smaller

vessels... should avoid navigating in these conditions.