Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:2.0-2.5

Down Speed: unknown

Boat Depth: 60-250'

Lure Depth: 35-100'

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

With my luck/skill level at finding fish and the reports that I had been reading I was pretty fearful of getting skunked but fish or not I still love getting out on the lake so decided to try a quick run yesterday evening and see if I could pick anything up. Started in 100' and trolled out to about 250'. After reaching 200' dow started marking a lot of bait and a few fish down about 50' but couldn't get any takers. Once we hit 250' decided to troll back in and see if there was anything up close. At about 175' had a nibble on the wire diver out 180' with a 42nd combo but was off before we got to the rod. That was it. Trolled all the way back into 60' without marking anything until we hit 60'. Many fish sitting on the bottom at 60' but again no takers. ;( I'm assuming they were lakers so maybe next time out I will have to give the cowbells a try for the first time.

Had a personal goal of trying to get through this season without getting skunked, but that fantasy ended quickly. Still have a lot to learn when it comes to getting on the fish. I am thinking I should of stayed out deeper where I was at least marking some fish and hopefully come across one that would bite.

Point Breeze admittedly has been tough recently. Cold water was on the inside not long ago and there was little pattern to go on. Try again when things set up again and you should do better.

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

American Honey, i feel for ya partner are shakedown this year ended in a big skunker. We did the Oak and pulled it and headed down to Wilson and the day ended in a big skunk. And we have been chipping away at em ever since, so just figure you got nowhere to go but up. Take care