Hot Lure: white/green nuclear SD/green fly

Trolling Speed: 2.5-2.9

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 150-170fow

Lure Depth: 250' diver, 200' mag diver, 70' rigger

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Managed to slide out for a couple of hours on the Big Lake, just to stretch my legs after a long day of work. Which mind you, really gets in the way of my fishing schedule!!!! Anyways, set up in 120fow and trolled north to 200fow and nothing. Well, first hour wasted, say a little bait and activity back closer to 160-170 and wouldn't you know it....as soon as I get back to 170 fow....diver starts ripping. Its a white/green nuclear pulling a green fly, set back 250 foot on a #2 setting. Fish takes me to about 350feet....and makes a couple nice runs....about 10 pounds once I got it in.

Now it gets interesting. I had trolled into about 150 fow...and was about to reset the starboard diver, was checking the line and BAM.....port diver, a mag diver, set back 200' on a #1 setting, pulling a white/green glow crush SD with blue hammer fly....starts screaming and I mean screaming!!! I back the drag off a little and this thing is winding like a 9000rpm NASCAR race. I am trying to step around my other diver/SD/fly lying now in the back of the boat....I grab the rod and already the line counter is reading 350 foot and going....and POP......gone! $%^$^@#$......! Luckily did not lose any tackle.....which is why i thought might have happened. Figured the Fly at minimum was gone....but no. Got it all back, minus the king that spit the hook. I'm probably happy, cause with my luck it was a 30+lb'r and I have no one on the boat to witness it for LOC.

I did manage two more hits and landed one, both on the same white/green nuclear SD. The 70 foot rigger had a 42second spoon, a NBK and a purple spook...and never took a hit. Had a green dolphin slider on there as well and nothing! NADA....only bites on the divers.

Well, that is it for tonight. Back out on Wednesday and probably Friday afternoons!

Tight lines

Jason