Worked the area off the creek for 3 hours and the only thing to show for it was a sheephead and a few knockoffs. Waves picked up nicely through the day as well. Through everything at them. Went out as deep as 40FOW and still didn't mark too much. Might be the last hurrah out there. I respect the guys fishing from the docks, but it's too much trying to get back in and deal with the lines in my prop, and aggravation. Plus I waited a good 30 minutes to pull out with no other trailers in line, while folks were loading there canoes with cases of beer and paddles. Plus the 10+ vehicles parked around the turn around zone made it a little more difficult. Sorry for the rant, just a little annoyed.

I go out of sandy also I can not take it any more I can not tell you how many line I have got this year. :evil: I said somthing to the same dec officer 2 night in a row about the same damn car blocking one of the ramps she did NOT give a tickets both night. I even asked befor the dec got there if any one knew were the owner of the car was and they all said no sorry and went back to fishing. there should be a law no fishing from the docks before 9pm or so that would make life a lot faster and nicer down at that ramps thats for sure.

I hear ya. I'm all for anglers who do not have access to boats to be able to fish down there. It comes down to common courtesy really. Launch your canoe, but move it over to the side to keep the flow going. The anglers on the docks I have mixed feelings about. There must have been 8-10 on them, and I could barely get out of the boat itself to go get the trailer. Toss in a few drunken idiots looking to hold your boat line for a few bucks and it's a receipe for ignorance. DEC/State whoever needs to start enforcing the no-park zone. Last night was just insane.

Not too mention the fact there are no garbage pails there and litter is everywhere. The last time I went someone just threw their 6 pack cans on the launch ramp. Nice. Why doesnt NY provide a garbage pail? Dah!

Who would be there to clean it up though? That equates to $$ that the state and/or DEC isn't willing to shell out.

Personally if it were up to me, I would hire a retiree. Pay him/her a few bucks and hour. Have them direct launches, run a golf cart back and forth as a shuttle and collect tips, enforce the no-park policy, etc.

It would be much more efficient and put a few extra dollars in someones pocket. But - I'm not running for office, and don't mind the hike back and forth, so I'll shut my trap.

Back to the topic at hand. Fishing yesterday stunk for me.

Personally if it were up to me, I would hire a retiree. Pay him/her a few bucks and hour. Have them direct launches, run a golf cart back and forth as a shuttle and collect tips, enforce the no-park policy, etc.

It would be much more efficient and put a few extra dollars in someones pocket. But - I'm not running for office, and don't mind the hike back and forth, so I'll shut my trap.

What makes you think that would work? Last weekend I was pulling my boat at I Bay ramps where there were two attendants on duty, And all three boats in front of me pulled their crafts out of the water and sat in the launch lanes while they unloaded and prepped their boat for the ride home. they have a huge parking area for that stuff. No attendant enforced the rules and they never do, as they sat talking in their little hut. Meanwhile I sit there in the water idling while they prep their boat.

Who is responsible for maintaing the launch? Is it the state or the town of Hamlin??

That answer would lead you to who would be responsible for overseeing that the rules are followed.

I moved my boat to Sandy 3 years ago- and have docked it each season. Everytime I drive past the public launch- it makes me believe I made the right decision. It is $$ well spent to aviod those headaches!!

It would be nice if someone would finally enforce the rules down there. All the boats trying to use the launch create dangerous conditions on the creek.

Just me 2 cents

little off topic but i was thinking today about the guy that was out in front of sandy sunday in his canoe, in about fifteen to twenty feet of water(pretty far out for a canoe), casting for salmon(im assuming). I've seen this other guy in the creek a couple times in like a mini cayak doing the same thing. I would love to see one of those guys hook into a thirty pounder. Does anyone on this board do this, and how good is that fight?

The launch down there does get crazy, no law and order. Can be very tough to take,

We've seen the good, the bad and the ugly at the sandy launch site.

Usually the rec fishermen are great at putting their boats in and getting out of the way, its the jetskis, canoes and pleasure boats that seem to take FOREVER to get out of the way.

There is one 'gentleman' from hamlin/hilton that has a 40'+ bright yellow baha that tied up both docks for 30 minutes one evening while trying to get it on the trailer. There must have been a dozen boats waiting to get to the docks while he reved the motors and churned up the bottom of the creek. For pete's sake..if you can afford a boat like that you can afford the slip fees for the year....

Don't even get me started on the people parking at the launch site.

Most of the dock fishermen pull their linees for us as we pull in, if not...too bad for them, its not like we have anywhere else to pull the boat out of the water.

There!!! my vent for the day is over and I feel better already!!!!

I like the guys reply about having a golf cart shuttle and enforcer of the rules.

Too bad it will never happen in NY. (although they have a shuttle at the Buffalo Harbor) How bout at least a garbage pail??? Is that asking for too much?

OH THAT DAMN YELLOW BOAT!!!!!!!! there is also a white one same deal only I like when they have to dry the boats off when they pull theme out of the water hahaha!!! try this go real fast on the way home and I am sure that boat will be nice and dry. it would not be bad if they did not have to do it in front of the docks were every other person is backing in

I second Foster, If you have the cash it is money well spent docking at Sandy Creek Marina. Bruce runs it very well and is constantly improving it. Very safe as well. Just my two cents. Tank

I personally enjoy the teenage kids on the jetski's trying to launch and retrieve with the 1999 Saturn Coupe, but it's all tricked out with rims and stereo bumpin the entire time. All playing grab-ass with one another.

Had words with an older gent a few weeks back. Decided to pull his boat out after 30 minutes of monkeying back and forth trying to back the trailer down, put the boat on the trailer with side bumpers still blocking his guide bars on the ramp, then proceed to stop at the top of the launch and try to put the straps on the back. He didn't like it too much when I told him to pull the F-up.

When I first started boating I thaught I practised proper dock ettiquite. The one thing that I did wrong was pack my boat up in the middle of the parking area (this was at I Bay). One day a guy explained to me that I was supposed to pull my boat into an empty spot so that I wouldn't block the lane. I never have done this again.

What I am trying to say is that there are plenty of jerks out there, but I think that there are probably even more people who have absolutely no idea what they are doing. When possible I try to help out, I believe that it saves me time in the long run. Of course you have to watch out for the drunken sun scorched guy that may be a little to aggressive to take any advise. There is never a shortage of aggression at a busy launch.