July 29th - We were back to the Oak and looking forward to putting the smack down on some more big kings. We left the dock about 5:30am and headed out to the 26N line. We set down and started to put out the spread.

We put down a similar program to the day before with the exception of the long coppers. Instead we ran one 10 color and one 300 copper. A Stinger Hawg Wild on the 10 color and the Dreamweaver Hammertime Spin Doctor/A-TOM-MIK Hammer fly on the 300 copper. Both took fish. The 10 color was taking some nice Steelies, and the 300 copper was taking a mix of steelhead and salmon. On our Cannons we pulled a Stinger UV Frog E-Chip/A-TOM-MIK Mirage fly on the 100’ rigger, Dreamweaver Sea Sick Waddler mupped on the 80’ Rigger, and Moonshine Green Shorts mupped on the 60’ rigger. Our divers pulled a Legendary SmartFish Wonder dot/A-TOM-MIK Blue Glow Hammer, and a Stinger UV Frog/A-TOM-MIK B Fly.

Once we hit the 27N line the bite was insane. From the 27-28N line we had a nice mix of Salmon and Steelhead. Our MVPs of the day and maybe even the weekend were definitely the Dreamweaver Sea Sick Waddlers on the 80’ rigger. However, the big girl today took the Legendary Smartfish Wonder Dot/A-TOM-MIK Glow Blue Hammer on the diver. She weighed in at 27lbs! Another great day at the Oak.

27lb'r

ResizedImage951343565711810.jpg

IMG_20120729_084829.jpg

IMG_20120729_080323.jpg

IMG_20120729_072856.jpg

Aww, c'mon dudes you can smile when you catch kings! :clap:

I know.....I need to pay attention to that more often when taking pics. Believe me......they had a great time! They were very impressed with the fishery this year.

Aww, c'mon dudes you can smile when you catch kings! :clap:

I know.....I need to pay attention to that more often when taking pics. Believe me......they had a great time! They were very impressed with the fishery this year.

Hahaha....they look stunned!...great job on the "stunning" performance Rick. They are stone cold convinced now, that lake O and you can give them a good time.

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png