Hot Lure: gator SD/lake o fly green dot SD/ gator spoon

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 70-180

Lure Depth: 45-90

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

buddy of mine got a new 16' boat and it needed a test run so rather than take it to the finger lakes like everyone told us to do we were rebels and decided to take it to lake o 8) we launched for hughes marine at 4am and come to find out the boat was leaking, we pulled it out to find it was missing some screws in the rear. we plugged the holes with sticks and were off! ran out to 70 fow and began our set up. shortly after we had a hit on our 115 dipsy ( gator SD/ lake o fly) it turned out to be a small laker. after it was set it fires again with a 5lb brown. then a 10lb brown. then the 65 rigger fires (homemade gator flasher/bloody nose spoon) and peels out 400ft of line then goes slack. bring it in to find teeth marks on flasher :o took a break then came back out at 12:30pm ran out to 170 FOW and set up shortly after working 170-180 fow 225 dipsy fires (green dot SD/gator spoon) and peels out a ton of line then goes slack bring it in to find out i tied a bad knot to the spoon ;( then 245 dipsy fires (gator SD/lake o fly) and we boat a nice 30.5lb king! after reseting the 245 dipsey goes again and we boated a 13lb laker. trolled a little longer then ran in to take a break but didnt have luck on the before dark trip.. BROKE IN THE BOAT WELL

I saw a couple last summer that bought a used boat that day,trailered 3-4 hours to the launch. They backed in at dusk and the auto bilge started pumping,he pulled out and relized the plug was missing, he went over to the trees and got a stick to use as a plug, they left the launch with the intention of spending the night on senaca lake. I wouldn't sleep a wink.