Jax Sandy Creek Shoot Out Ear update

Jax

The people that have PMed me and asked I thought I owed to give you guys a thanks, my ear is doing fine. It is healing up very well and Its more of a memory now and I cant even believe it happened!

For the people that do not know the story, here is the short version.

Around 12 o'clock of the shoot out we had been in upgrade mode looking for another 20+. We had a Good fish going on a meat rig when the center rigger gets rocked with a nice Chromer giving us the airshow. The steelhead ended up taking the cheater which makes the swivel slide down to the main spoon. It came in pretty green after a few jumps and did some thrashing around at the back of the boat sling shotting that spoon in-between the rod tip and the fish around. As I turned my head as it was coming at my face it got LODGED in the back of my left ear as I swept the net under it. I quickly cut the mainline, boated the fish and I climbed back into the boat and threw him in the cooler so I could analyze how bad the situation was. One of my teammates stayed with the other fish being fought while me and another teammate checked out what it looked like. It was in really good past the barb but not through and we couldnt move it, So I clipped the O ring after trying to cut off the other hooks of the treble with no luck due to inadequate side cutters. I felt ok just shaken up a bit and I went back to fishing, netting the last fish of our day.

What a way to end a great day fishing with my friends/teammates! We would go into weigh in and finish in 11th place just out of the top 10. Great day, Great event and I cant wait till next years. Thanks again to Rob, Scott, The Keiths and the SCS team good work on another successful event!

Here are a few photos

Scooping the last fish after the incident- if you look at my left ear you can see the piercing.

vlcsnap_2012_08_02_22h01m05s81.jpg

Before Urgent Care worked on me

IMG_2092.jpg

After Urgent Care worked on me for 2 hours and DIDNT GET THE HOOK OUT! :@:@

IMG_2089.jpg

This is at Lakeside Hospital AFTER urgent care, They were great, good experience and the Dr. was able to get the hook out.

IMG_2090.jpg

Last but not least the fish photo, Team Locked Up with our big 4

IMG_2083.jpg

thanks jerm. been thinkin how you were doing....gettin some new fishing gear??? helmet,facemask,full body armor and leather gloves....Thank God it wernt yer eye......from the looks of the first place ya went to,ya might as well of had me rip it out...I actually have a curved hook remover that slides down the shaft and covers the barb .......Nice Hookset tho. :lol:

Jeremy I gotta tell you my son Dustin looked over and said, Dad look at that guys earing...its a treble hook..and I said now thats cool die hard fisherman!! I'm glad everything worked out.

Tom