Cold Weather Safety

I figured I would share this with anybody who braves the elements this time of year right through to the spring browns. I do alot of winter walleye fishing in open water and I knew I needed a floatation suit. The girlfriend kept hounding on me :roll: that it would only take 1 slip while I was out there by myself. I always heard about mustang survival suits but wow they are pricey. Before I bought one I did some research on different manufacturers and I'm glad I did. I came across a company out of sweden called Fladen. I went ahead and bought one last year and I love it. It is very toasty and comfortable. I bought the model 846. It's a 2 piece deal. I don't know if you can buy them in the states. I bought my through a company in England. It took about 2 weeks to get it and I think it cost me about 220 all together with shipping. If anyone is contemplating buying one I would highly advise you check them out. Although It sounds like I'm trying to sell thier product for them, trust me I'm just trying to share this with you guys in case you were thinking about it. If anyone ever wanted to see mine let me know. I'm also curious how many of you wear them or think that you should? I included the link to the actual place that I bought mine from. Besides Mustang are there a alot of options out there for suits? I know bass pro was selling a browning suit last year. I think that browning suit was in the low 200's.

I'd love to hear some input guys.

http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk/cgi-bin ... 3a663#a663

Like you say Mike, they are pricey, but really are a good idea when you're fishing in cold waters. I don't have one due to financial constraint but one of these days................. Good luck with the wally fishing.

Guest ReelDiel

yeah doug def. worth the investment. i have a mustang suit as do most of my friends, my brother and father got the browning suits from bass pro last year. just a little tidbit of info in case anyone does not know this. if you buy your suit from overseas or canada(in my case) these suits are not USCG certified so you must carry a life jacket to be in compliance. If your suit is USCG certified you do not need that life jacket in your boat. Usally there will be a tag on the back that reads the certifications. In my case and landsharks i got such a smokin deal with the exchange(many moons ago) i could not pass up. just a little fyi. be safe!!!!!