New member checking in

JJBat150

Name: Jim Bator

Home Port: Canandaigua Lake

Boat Name/Type: ?? / Bayliner 175 BR

I fish for an excuse to get away from hustle and bustle of life.

==================

Been lurking on the site for a few months now, picked up some good information, and figured it’s time to introduce myself add my $.02 and share my experiences with the group.

I have a wife and 2 daughters (9 &14), and have involved them in shore fishing and some limited ice fishing. We recently bought a 17’ bowrider (I wanted something more for fishing but I got out voted… something about swimming and tubing are more exciting ;) ). I starting thinking about setting it up for trolling, but after all the information I read on jigging, figure that’s the direction I’m gonna head for now. Boat name not decided on yet; Because of my 2 daughters and size of the boat, a name like "SHE'S UNDER 18" seems appropriate.

I'm not new to lake fishing; grew up trolling Canandaigua with my grandfather on his Starcraft holiday 14. He was also into pulling copper and I remember many Morning helping out as the sun was coming up over the horizon. After he passed, I continued boating & fishing with my father & brother until other activities and life responsibilities took over our free time.

When the wife & I were dating and during our 1st few years of marriage we keep boating, then the kids can along and changed everything. Girls are now 10 & 14 and we’re getting back into the boating scene, and because of it’s size / age the old StarCraft was recently replaced with a 2012 Bayliner 175 BR.

My family owns a boathouse on Canandaigua Lake, but due to some maintenance issues, it’s not able to house the new boat. I am working on plans to make repairs in the fall and winter months. So for now we’re trailering to get underway. So far the boat is pretty much as it came from the showroom floor; I’ve only added an hour meter and Humminbird 597. Thinking about building a removable casting platform for the front bow seat area, some better storage arrangements, and a good quality trolling motor in the future; but that’s fodder for another discussions.

Because of my location (live near Hopewell Center for those of you who know the area), and the size of the boat, will probably be spending most of my time in the Finger Lakes section of the forums, as that's where I'll be fishing.

Welcome to the site Jim. My 18 ft'r is an all around boat that I used to take the kids tubing, swiming & just playing around with. Consider mounting rigg'rs so they are easily removeable & you get the best of both worlds.

Tom B.

(LongLine)