Ever unplug?

I was thinking about stray voltage and stuff like that. I know I can test for stray voltage but... I never did.

I use Cannon Mag20 riggers. These have the autostop built in and also ion control. It takes some voltage for the autostop to work, so its always putting voltage into the water.

Any of you guys using riggers with the autostop feature ever try unplugging the rigger, so its not putting voltage into the water and help catch more fish?

Did ya ever just try it?

And the results was?

I run the Mag 20 DT/HS also. Tested the cable upon installation to find the ion control setting to give me a 6.6 reading. That is my sweet spot, but I've never retested. There have been times when active fish were not hitting, so I'd check to find that the control knob has been moved. Resetting to my sweet spot resulted in fish hitting sooner or later most of the time. Have been getting into the habit of checking that knob every time we re-set riggers and find the knob has frequently been moved during the weight retreval or re-set processes. I'll have to remember to bring my voltage meter out and re-test to see if the voltage has changed at my sweet spot.

The PIC works; there have been many instances of fish coming up large differences to investigate. I've also seen fish dive to mid-cable and follow it down to the ball. Not all of these fish have hit, but they sure are interested.