he thinks we're just fishin' - Lighthouse Derby

I would like to thank all who put so much effort into the staging of the lighthouse derby. That also includes the sponsors, especially A Great Choice Lawn Care and Landscaping LLC.

Had the pleasure of fishing in the derby with my 15 yr old son. The fishing was good with us setting up by AES (Milliken) around sunrise. We fished cowbells and kwikfish, bouncing bottom. Kyle got the second place fish in the youth division (5.6lb laker) as our first fish. It also had a first place sized lamprey attached. The lamprey provided a lot of entertainment sticking to the side of the boat, the downrigger, and various other things before it's demise and return to the depths.

The wind picked up after several hours and around eight more sub 24" fish so we pulled up and headed to Taughannock

for lunch. We hit the concession stand for the traditional hotter than the sun fries and a burger and chicken sandwich.

The wind had died down after lunch so we set up and trolled the run south on the West side. That's where Kyle and I had first discovered trolling from a guy who was rowing a boat while trolling. He was nice enough to stop and talk to us and from that point on were hooked. Bass and perch fishing fishing now had to compete with the big fish for attention. We only picked up one more laker on our run south from the park. If there was a smallest fish prize, that one would have taken first for sure.

We packed up and headed in. We hung around at the weigh in to see several nice fish. One was an impressive brown in the 10 to 11 lb range. Several 10-11 lb lakers hit the scales. I haven't seen the 12-14+ lbers from this lake in a while. I wonder where they are? It was nice to meet some fellow fishermen and women and some LOU members.

It was a good day...

IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_6535.jpg