Date(s): 13 August 2012

Time on Water: 8 hours

Waves: 1-3 in the morning 2-5 "Rollers" in the afternoon

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 5

Total Boated: 3

Species Breakdown: all Kings (2x 15 Lb, and 1x 26 Lb)

Hot Lure: A-Tom-Mik trolling flies (Green) and Spin Doctors (MTN Dew Crush)

Trolling Speed: 2-5 - 3.0

Boat Depth: 120 -150

Lure Depth: 100

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Took a day off from work and hit the Trench outside of Henderson. Didn't seem to find anybody home, so we went out the SW end heading just to the right of the Mexico Nuke plant tower. Barely got outside of the Trench and my Port Wire Diver rod starts that lovely bouncing movement. Spin Doctor and fly out 300 with the walker deeper diver set on 3 brings in a 15 LB King. Just get it re-set and the Port Rigger rod fires (Spin Doctor and fly, 20 feet behind the ball down 110) brings in a twin to the first King. After getting reset, we turn around to make another pass, but a must have turned it too tight (Or I snagged the wire rod while dropping the ball back down) because the wire rod and the rigger rod now have two tangled spin doctors (Nice mess there). We decide to break for lunch and untangle the mess on the shore.

Weather report said the waves would be laying down for the afternoon so we head back out after playing cats craddle with wire and Mono.

Waves are bigger if anything in the afternoon. The waves are not angry, just BIG rollers (I swear they getting close to 6 foot swells). we have a couple of rods fire, but maybe it is the waves? My 21 foot boat is having difficulty maintaining speed and heading with the 8HP kicker, so I turn that off and go back to the big motor. Just get back to the 3.0 range and the starboard wire diver rod starts screeming (Spin Doctor and fly out 300 with the walker deeper diver set on 3). My buddy grabs the rod and it is clear that we now have Momma looking for the lost twins. After a pretty long battle the 26 LB King hits the net.

Best ever day for me (Minus the tangle) on the water. 3 Salmon totaling 56 Lbs is an awesome haul in my book!!

Here is the big one that finished the afternoon:

Salmon_2012.jpg

And here are the three on a six foot table:

Salmon_2012_2.jpg