Total Boated:4

Species Breakdown: 3 kings 1 laker and 1 brown

Hot Lure: green fly and flasher and gator spoon

Trolling Speed: 2-2.8

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 100-360

Lure Depth: 40-120

Hey guys!

I finally made it out there and scored a few salmon but the biggest was only 17 lbs. I got some info that maybe I was running things wrong. So I switched to 6-8 feet of line from the dipsy to the flasher/spindr and then 22-24inches from the flasher/dr to the fly. I was running then 2-3 feet from the dipsy to the flasher. I also was using the #3 dipsy on setting of 2-2.5 and anywhere from 150-240 feet back. I have the magnums too but am wondering if thats the size everybody is using... is a smaller diver better? I am also running 30lb wire on these rods. i did pull a diver up and had friggin zebra muscles on it!

Also is the color of diver matter? havent heard about anyone talking about that. wondering if it was too much flash for such a sunny day. Any thoughts would be helpfull... :)

and is the distance from the flasher to a spoon matter? Im new so don't know, but am taking my buddy's dad out soon and he's kinda like a dad to me and want to get it right and have him have more than just a boat ride. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

And is it still 10 feet off the ball for flashers or spin dr? I was trying everything but at somepoint when everybody is catching 27 #'s and your not, ya just gotta ask!

:)

never bought that whole black only diver nonsense. It's a load of crap IMO.

Kings have loved a kelly green diver since the 80s and it's just as true today as it was back then and I always have one in the water.

Last week, my two hottest divers were both metallic purple.

Tim