Salvation Army Derby $5000 purse

I would like to thank everyone involved in the Salvation army derby. It was for a good cause and I hope this becomes an annual event. It was good to see all the sponsors who stepped up. Had fun playing in the waves on Saturday and got two short salmon for the efforts, Sunday got 4 lakers but none big enough for the board. It was tough fishing but we still had a good time. Wes

A big Thanks to the Salvation Army as well for putting this on. I entered this derby knowing that I may not fish as all. I view the derby as a donation to a great organization -Thanks for all the work you do!. Happened to be able to squeeze in 2.5 hours in the gail force winds saturday and lucked out hooking a solid smally jiggin deep - ya just never know..........

Good to meet you as well Hermit. I enjoy talking to all the people after the derby. When you chat with people you find how many different ways there are to catch a fish. Each style has its days.If the weeds stay the way they have been I might have to spool up an old zebco with power pro buy some of your jigs and bounce some lead on the heads of some of those pigs :lol: Catch you next time! Wes