Hot Lure: Gr/Bl/Chrome SD/ Bl/Gr Fly

Trolling Speed: 3

Down Speed: 2.5

Boat Depth: 110

Lure Depth: 75

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

We had Sunday stuff to do this morning. Wish I was out there. By the time we headed out, things were getting snotty. We set first rigger, then the second, and before I could get another rod out we had out first fish. A 22 pound king. It was the first for my neighbor with my dad and son on the boat as well. We fished the next 5 hours with a couple of light taps, a rigger that popped and dropped, and a dipsy that lasted all of 10 seconds. That was about it.

Wind picked up throughout the afternoon. It got real funny out there. I ran into some ice cold water sporadically, and currents that made my lure drop to 1 MPH. Boat control was rough to the east, and OK to the west. We had the screen go blank in all that messy water, and your could smell it trying to turn over. We worked out to 175, blank screen. We came back into 80-110 and things improved.

I am not sure what to do now. I think my timing was off today, but the fish seem scattered. I hope to get out a few more times, but I think we may be starting in closer to shore on the mornings until the rainbows come in tight.

Tight lines, and Happy Labor Day to everyone getting out tomorrow. Taking the day off for family activities before my folks head back to PA.

P9022361.jpg

Nice fish!!!! It was definately the day of short bites, missed hook ups. Some due to the hardening of the jaws, I suspect. I heard the waves and water got turned a bit. The next 2 weeks will be interesting as far as staging and inshore fishing. Definately don't want to run past 60' in the morning. Tight lines!

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png