Cannon mag 10 motor

i had a problem like this once with a small jet ski starter motor ! I looked around for used ones becouse a new one was almost 500 bucks at the time anyways i called golden altinator and starter and he rebuilt it for like 60 bucks was good as new since then they get all my water craft starter and alts .. heres there phone # 585-426-5398. good luck. john

Dear 003,

You have opened up a serious subject with me. Have tryed unsuccessfully to locate any motors the past two weeks. New or old style anywhere in North America.. Presently pursuing getting a Marlin HP motor rebuilt locally. THE CANNON POLICY OF NOT SELLING MOST OF THE CRITICAL PARTS UNLESS YOU SEND THE RIGGER TO THEM REALLY UPSETS ME! $60.00 per hour PLUS parts is no good when your rigger fails in season! By the way, they were sold to Johnson outdoor products( no longer bottomline) IF YOU CANNOT PRODUCE YOUR ORIGINAL RECEIPT WITH serial numbers, they will not honor the warranty.

No the newer high speed motors will not fit your old style case or drive mech. Case is 40.00 with cover, motor is worth new around 250.00 but no service center will sell them to you w/o labor in their shop. YOUR NOT SMART ENOUGH TO INSTALL PROPERLY AND ARE NOT FACTORY TRAINED! Most people probably find this type of repair daunting. Yes, I hate their parts policy with a passion(since 1989). But they do perform their purpose well as a downrigger. BUT when repair time comes, the grief begins.

I will let you know how the motor rebuild goes.

Jet Boat Bill

Dear 003, Your old style rectangular motor body (Mag 10 motor) is or was the Delco "style" power window lift motor of the 1960's. There was several OEM sources for these motors/fitments. I do not know of "Dura" But I believe your motor is rebuildable by a competent motor shop. Will know more by the end of this week.

sincerely,

Jet Boat Bill Sunday 3:50 PM