Keuka 9/16

treerat

Left home here in northern Pa about 4am . Brought a neighbor kid Tylor along for his first laker trip . Arrived at the launch about 5:45 which gave me time to get the riggers and rod holders in place plus get the rods ready before launching . . On the water shortly after 6am we trolled from the state park down to the bluff . Tylor managed to put eight fish in the boat all of them came off the wire diver rods with fly flasher back 200' . Dropped a couple of fish also . we kept three fish for Tylor and his family .

How old does a kid have to be before they dont have to wear a life jacket in Ny on a 16' boat ? And when does the winter life jacket rule start for us adults ?

all boaters on recreational watercraft less than 21 feet in length – including motorboats, canoes, kayaks, rowboats and sailboats – must wear a personal flotation device (PFD) from November 1 to May 1 on New York waters.

PFDs must be worn year-round by all children under 12 years of age on any boat less than 65 feet in length, unless within a fully enclosed cabin; by anyone towed, such as water-skiers or wake-boarders; and while on board a personal watercraft. Otherwise, a PFD must be available for every passenger on board every vessel, including no-motorized watercraft such as canoes, kayaks and rowboats.

Hope this helps :yes:8)

kid was 14 and almost as big as me he wore one of my life jackets . I was more worried about when I take my great nephews oldest is 12or 13 not really sure how old have a couple of younger neighbor kids to take up to the lake too . going to pick up a youth pfd for these younger passengers . watching these younger anglers catch fish is more fun than catching them myself :)