The loss of a fellow fisherman for our country.

Rich D

I recieved a call from fellow member, thekingfish, on Monday night that a gentleman by the name of Staff Srgt. John Linde was killed in the line of duty on Monday. I had the pleasure of meeting Johnny along with Chris and Matt back on August 5th. I was unable to find the king for the boys but we had fun with some lakers and Johnny was able to take the biggest fish of his life, a nice big laker. I knew Johnny was headed back in Sept. so I made sure he was on the rod when the big one hit. I promised Johnny to take him out again when he returned, but due to the circumstances we are faced with, he is now catching all the kings he wants with some of the best fisherman ever.

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishin ... php?t=2689

Here is the link to the report for our trip.

http://www.wwnytv.net/72k/new-full-stor ... =home+page

Here is the link to the press release.

Johnny leaves behind a wife and 2 daughters. I was talking to Chris about what we can do, and he said if you wish to send donations to the family you can pm him here at : thekingfish.

We also talked about an organization that is here to help the families of fallen soldiers in the time of need. I believe you can contact them to make donations to be used for the fallen soldiers familes.

http://www.taps.org/

This Veterans Day will be one that I will never forget, as I am sure a lot of you are in the same boat.

I want to personally Thank all of our Soldiers for keeping our country free and safe for the rest of us to live in.

Chris,

Thank You for the call, and please be safe when it is your turn to go fight for our country.

If you have any questions send me a PM and I will get as much info as I can.

Good Luck to all.

Rich

100_1294.jpg

Johnny,

I salute you. Thank you again.

Rich,I'm sorry to here of the loss of your freind. I thank them every day of my life. If it were not for there sacrifice I would not be able to enjoy the freedom I have and knowing my family is safe. I lost My dad when I was young and he was a captain in the air force. My Heart goes out to his kids and wife. Please be safe God Bless everyone.

Wow....that stops you dead in your tracks and really makes you think. I remember you taking those boys out Rich. God bless Jonny, his family and all our soldiers both present and past. I know many families are going through the same as Jonny's, I couldn't imagine the pain of loosing a child.

Good for you for getting him out and showing him a good time Rich!

Rest in peace Jonny!!

I read an article in the watertown press wich listed the report of ssg. Linde's death in defense of our country. He was a highly decorated soldier including the bronze star. The article also stated that he served many tours in harms way. He was a true american hero and we are all in debt to him and his family. In fishing in the fort drum area i often encounter servicemen along the shores and tribs. While im no pro, I often go out of my way to help, sugest baits or locations that may help to them catch some fish. Though its not much, we can all go out of our way a little to make them feel at home as they are away from their own home streams and lake's. god bless them all. Thank them whenever you can