motor work

gokudl3

gokudl3,

I am sure you will get plenty of local help but in case you don't - Don Cook's in Lansing on Armstrong Road is a GREAT Mercruiser guy. Don and his son Perry come highly recommended. I know it's a bit of a haul form Hamlin but if worse comes to worse he's there for you.

Clarke.......I still have not heard from Cook's on LE yet. I take it no news is good news? I'm reluctant to call...I don't want to be a pest. I have a lot of work I want them to do, but It would be nice to know she's covered for the winter.

If you get over there, can ya check if the boat is covered for me ? I'm guessing it's done, but If not I might want to take a run up and put my cover on and see how all is going.

Wow....your closer than Clark. I didn't realize that Billy. That would be GREAT! It's a 24 ft Searay, I'll post a picture so you'll know what it looks like.

I called Cook's once and couldn't get much out of Don. It's there for the winter, then they have a whole list of things to do in the spring, most importantly an engine coupler on the starboard motor. I dropped it off about 9-10 weeks ago and haven't gotten a bill or a phione call??

Thanks and I really appriciate the offer Billy. It's tuff being down here in Pa.

Pq1MMCO0.jpg

Thanks again Bill. When I dropped it off, he said they would winterize both motors and then build a frame for it and tarp it. I'm guessing it's done, but it wasn't covered as of 4 weeks ago when I called. I suppose I'm just having a little separation anxiety :lol:. I just would have expected some sort of bill by now.

My business is not that different from Don's. I have peoples furniture for months, and I don't like it when customers keep calling me. I don't want to be one of "those" customers.

RR...that's what he said. He'd do the work in the spring. When the fish start biting....he'll start hearing from me ;)

Well every time I had it there for the winter, I was having work done so they just added it to the bill when the work was done in the spring.

I store my boat just down the road now at Powers, just because its very convienient. Having my work done there too now as I just have to drive it over and don't have to trailer it. They also put it in in the spring for me so I don't have to trailer it to long point and then go back to retrieve the trailer. Neil and Kevin do excellent work too. They bill me for storage in Jan.

RR

Rodney,

You probably won't see a bill until the spring is my guess!! Although maybe Scott has a better feel for it as to when you'll receive the bill. Maybe you'll get the charge when the repairs are done??? as you are having work done too.

Boy...nobody would do that for you In Pa. Everyone here gets paid in advance.