Thumper rig question

DJ 17

I have never run a thumper rig and was planning on trying it this season. In trying to climb the learning curve I had a question.  Can anyone share any kind of dive curve or depth/feet of line out ratio?  For example with a 1 lb. weight I can expect to run at what depth with how many feet of wire out? Obviously speed, currents, etc... apply.  I was just looking for a starting point.  Any help is always appreciated!

Screamin' reels

DJ717, This is right out of the Big Water Edition Precision Trolling, They run  1# ball at 2.5 mph using 30# power pro  I'll  just give you a few of the chart readings . 40ft down would be 55ft back 60ft down 85ft back 80ft down,125ft back 100ft down,155ft back 120 down,190ftback  if you want, I can give you more specific depths if you want. PAP

There is a video on the link below of how we rig a tumper rod and what the tip action will look like on a thumper rod.  Also, you get more action at the tip if you run your weight off of a 12-18 inch dropper on a three way rig, rather than hooking the weight inline bewteen the wire and leader.

http://www.fishdoctorcharters.com/template.tpl?selector=video

Questions - In the Bigwater Precision Book, what do they say they are running behing that 1# ball?  With a dodger/fly behind it at 2.7 mph, we have to put out close to 300' of 20# wire to get in the 100' of depth range.

Edited by Miss em