oneida lake openin day

johnnywalleye

fished from 530am till 11am,,3-24fow..jigs and blade baits..nadda zero ofer..couldnt but a fish..may be my 1st skunk in 40+ yrs of opening day trips??had my father with me so the fishing wasnt very aggressive but still i was confident...saw only 1 net in the watter all morn..stayed in and around lakeport...and wow mas the south shore boat launch a zoo at 5am!!and so long 4 now;john

I was just going to post to see how guys did on Oneida today.  We went out at noon today for a few hours.  Tried trolling plugs in 15 to 20 fow, then switched to harnesses and ended up catching one walleye in 20 fow.  Seemed slow for a couple of the people I talked to at the launch. 

We drifted harnesses for a couple of hours till it layed down completel. We then trolled sticks and harnesses until about 1 and ended up with 2 small perch and 2 smallmouth that never made it to the boat. Have not heard of a lot of success out there today. I hate it when the wind comes out of the east at all, never had a good day with winds like today