Fishing Report

Anyone finding the fish? Went out yesterday morning Dragon wall to Christian camp and hardly marked any fish. We went from 60 FOW to 200. Very few Fish. Landed one nice Brown on boards right off the bat then nothing. Fairly new to the lake so any tips, lure combonations would be greatly appreciated. We ran Sutton 22 off boards, and Sutton 88 behind cow bells off down rigger.

Thanks for any help, and good luck.

This always seems to be a tough time of the year here on Canandaigua until the water stratifies. Sometimes it looks as though there is nothing out there at all....they must burrow into the sand :)

Another couple weeks or so with warm weather and the rainbows will be all over the lures.....

Many of the same things from Lake Ontario can work on Canandaigua but smaller seems to be better here in terms of spoons and sticks. In a couple weeks I'd be pulling thermocline rigs (Seth Green rigs) for rainbows browns and lakers with Suttons and a variety of other spoons. I'd run peanuts (Wobble Trolls) behind the flashers just off bottom from shallower depth to out deeper. I'd also run leadcores with 3 to 5 colors and maybe even toplines with a little weight or off boards (run way back 250-300 ft.). Light fluoro  leaders are helpful (10lb test) until the fleas come out.

Edited by Sk8man

• 2 weeks later...

The last I heard a 13 pounder (laker) was leading it but when I checked the paper tonight nothing was mentioned about it....pretty worthless sport section.... :)

Thanks Ed. I actually saw the fish and it was a really fat and short son of a gun for the weight....very healthy looking fish.