Hotel reference

Hi Guys

This year will be my first fishing year on the lake Ontario. A lot of people told me to go around Whitby and Bowmanville  more than Port Hope (Ontario). Where is the best place to go and where is the best hotel to stay. Another question, did they have place where we can clean our fish or we must clean that on the lake directly.

Thanks

Whitby and Bowmanville are great areas for fishing salmon and trout. All kinds of hotels and motels. Holiday inn, Howard Johnson's in Bowmanville and some motel 6 in area. They prob don't have fish cleaning facilities. Most charters clean fish on lake, much easier. If you are booking a charter ask you capt for lodging suggestions. Salmon just starting to show in Whitby Pickering so check reports on here or spoonpullers.com. Newcastle also has some good charter guys but accommodations are a little farther away.

Whitby and Bowmanville are great areas for fishing salmon and trout. All kinds of hotels and motels. Holiday inn, Howard Johnson's in Bowmanville and some motel 6 in area. They prob don't have fish cleaning facilities. Most charters clean fish on lake, much easier. If you are booking a charter ask you capt for lodging suggestions. Salmon just starting to show in Whitby Pickering so check reports on here or spoonpullers.com. Newcastle also has some good charter guys but accommodations are a little farther away.

Ok thanks for the info. I will go with my own boat this year and take some vacation with the family at the same time.

When will be the best time to start. End of June?

What's the  best depth and water temperature im must try to reach? someone told me to stick between 60-150ft. trolling at 2.6 with spin doctor. did i have to always stay in the 52 degrees F?  Did i have to go deeper later in the season?

Best bet is to just search this site there is a ton of info. Get a Great Lakes fishing book there r plenty of them. I am planning my first trip to lake o but figuring august