Line choices

Last year (first year trolling) I ran all mono (20 lb Ande and Fleaflicker) and it was fine until I started letting out lots of line, then I hated the stretch. Just bought a huge spool of 50 lb PowerPro to rig everything with this year. "Everything" is dipseys and the like, I don't have downriggers. I'm either going to use snubbers or else be cheap and run 50-100 foot mono "pre-leaders" to take the shock. Like a leadcore setup I guess.

I used some fluoro leaders (Seaguar Inviz-x) last year, also Spiderwire XXX mono, didn't really notice a difference, both worked great. I think with modern manufacturing checking your knots, leaders, and drags is more important than which exact line to use... just my opinion though.

Lets see, I 'll try and keep it simple. I use Berkley 12lb Big Game clear for trout & walleye year round for rigger & boards, (plugs, spoons, dodger/flasher ) - (except) when the fleas start. I have extra rods with 20lb Flea Flicker ready to go and just use those setups when needed.

30lb seven strand wire for the dipsey. I do have 2 rods with Tuf-Line XP for dipsey's on Oneida cause max depth there is about 50' and no fleas. Even though the super lines don't stretch, there is a lot of bow in the line when your trying to get down real deep and that is almost the same effect as stretch plus the fleas just love that line ;( .\