Lifetime Licence Question

I was out ice fishing yesterday and had my a DEC officer check my license. So I pulled it out and showed it to her and she asked me for the paper work that goes with it. I was kinda dumb founded because I have NEVER had to show any paper work with my lifetime license before. Usually I just show them my credit card type lifetime license, shoot the breeze for a bit, and I am back fishing. This officer argued that I should have paperwork with it and when I told her I didn't and I had never been asked to show paper work before she let it go and went on to the next fisherman. Anyone else with a lifetime license have any insight on this????????????

Because the last thing I need is a ticket, thanks for any information guys.

I have never heard of that either. The DEC Officers often come into my place of employment, next time I see them I will ask. Last summer I showed my lifetime license to a DEC officer because the ink was rubbed of the yellow credit card type license. He looked @ and said I would be fine because the important parts were still there. I guess the important parts was the ID number and some other stuff that was not rubbed off yet.