Cayuga July 5

We launched from Myers around 6:30am tried to set up on the east side heading north but too much floating debris and grass mats so we headed to the west side just below Taughannock and headed north. We ran boards, riggers, dipseys, and lead core. We caught 9-10 small salmon on 5 color core on the boards before we pulled them in and went deeper. We got into some better salmon on 150 dipseys and riggers down 45'in 130-150fow and then hit a good laker bite down 60 on the riggers in 200-300 fow on a turn. The bigger salmon came on a yellow wonderbread flasher and spoon and all the lakers came on a chrome and white with a green stripe. For 30 min it was nonstop lakers as fast as we could get the spoons down. Best action was north of Milliken, but west side. We ended up boating 3 keeper salmon to 21" and 6 lakers from20-24". 3 of us each kept a fish for dinner and 1 for the neighbor. Couldn't seem to get a good hookset on the 10 color core down the chute and lost all 3 nice fish that hit it. Any ideas? Thanks fishingfreak and Billy V for all the help we had a great first time on the lakers. Might try it one more time before I take the boat back to Otisco and the toothy critters.

justin

I use 50' of seaguar flouro...I tightened the drag a bit thinking that might help on the set, but of course never got another take...we were turning slower and wider but I zig zag quite a bit when Im trying to figure out what the fish want is it possible that there was a lot of slack at the strike...just started with the core and first time with more than 5 colors... haven't learned its limitations

justin

My son has VIP purchase privileges for seaguar and few other companies so dad gets most stuff about 50% off msrp, but otherwise I AGREE its too pricey when you tie leaders on 10 rods at least once a week and often times after every fish at Otisco.

justin