Sorry wrong date 07/05/13 wish I was out today :lol:

Made the trip up to Sodus today to hunt for some kings, with a great group of guys and a young man from Denmark.   A big thanks to Ruff Rider, thanks to his reports we had a starting point.  We set up over 120 fow and trolled north screen was blank out to 240 then we hit a good bunch of fish.  We had kings and steelhead on all morning with several doubles.  Once the bite slowed down we moved out to 350 and found some good bait lots of marks and better temps.  Got hit with a good storm, during which we had two more kings on.  After the storm blew over the steelhead were on fire we caught and released a few more then packed it up.  The guys had an exchange student from Denmark who had never been out for trout or salmon.  He got to put a 27lb king in the boat off the rigger.  He did a great job fighting the fish on a light line spoon rig.  Only did one fish all day on a flasher/fly everything was on spoons.   Blood Run copper in 100, 200, 250, and 300, all took fish as well as 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 color core.  Nothing on deep coppers today but the riggers at 40, 65, 85, and 115 all took fish.  My deep dipsys with flashers/flies never took a shot; shallow dipsys out 150 and 180 with spoons took fish.   It was great to not have to fight the weeds like we do on Seneca and just be able to fish a day.  Ended up with 21 fish over the back of the boat Kings, Steelhead, and one Laker that hit 10ft down over 400J.  Had one good fish break off the  12lb leader on the 8 color but that was the only one who got away, the level wind on the new clarion reel ceased up on his first run.   

IMG_1073_zps956e99ff.jpg

IMG_10811_zpsf97819ff.jpg

IMG_10791_zpsd7714129.jpg

IMG_1088_zps9ded9434.jpg

IMG_1084_zpsa05b98ba.jpg

IMG_1082_zps0648304f.jpg

Edited by Hookedup

Nice going Sean. Great pics too. You kept the pride of the Seneca boys for sure. That kid sure looks like a "happy camper" and I'll bet that fish will grow a bunch when he tells the rest of the kids about his adventure back in Denmark. I used to spend time in Copenhagen and he sure looks like a Dane :)