Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tonyb

Setting the bar high! Week 1 GOSD Win

I was out solo on opening morning of the GOSD, stroked for the first hour while trying to dodge a gazillion boats. I slid to the outside of the pack and then connected with a heavy weight! When the fish it it only took about 200 feet of line, and while I was clearing the other rod the flasher fly got wrapped around the other line! I got lucky and untangled it quickly, then as the fish neared the boat I missed on the first net attempt as the fish charged under the boat and I had to dip the rod into the water to not get cut off on a rivet or prop! On the second net attempt I made it count! Hoisted the beast into the boat, got a quick weight in the net basket, and knew instantly when the scale bounced between 38-39 that the fish was a contender! It was a L O N G week watching the leader board but it hung on for top spot at 36.72lbs .  :)  post-146297-13737198628256_thumb.jpg Sent from my SGH-I747M using Lake Ontario United mobile app Best of luck to everyone for the remainder of the 2013 GOSD! Tony

Edited by tonyb

Awesome fish man! We havent got out due to boat problems but we will be out next week.

And we know what we need to beat :)

I was out solo on opening morning of the GOSD, stroked for the first hour while trying to dodge a gazillion boats. I slid to the outside of the pack and then connected with a heavy weight! When the fish it it only took about 200 feet of line, and while I was clearing the other rod the flasher fly got wrapped around the other line! I got lucky and untangled it quickly, then as the fish neared the boat I missed on the first net attempt as the fish charged under the boat and I had to dip the rod into the water to not get cut off on a rivet or prop! On the second net attempt I made it count! Hoisted the beast into the boat, got a quick weight in the net basket, and knew instantly when the scale bounced between 38-39 that the fish was a contender! It was a L O N G week watching the leader board but it hung on for top spot at 36.72lbs .  :)  attachicon.gif1373719863797.jpg Sent from my SGH-I747M using Lake Ontario United mobile app Best of luck to everyone for the remainder of the 2013 GOSD! Tony

Great fish !!!               Conrats    I am jealous

Great Ontario Salmon Derby - this is held on the north shore of the lake.  A 40lb pig was weighed in yesterday.

post-145209-13738107426365_thumb.jpg

Here is a pic I found of the 40.15# King caught yesterday on the North Shore east if Bluffers!

WOW!!!

Congratulations on winning week 1 Tony great fish .

That 40#er is going to be a tough one to top

for first place  .

Thanks guys and also Wow!!, thanks to David for waiting until Week 1 was over to enter that 40 pounder whoooa!!! :o

Geez Tony you catch big fish!!!!