We got off wed to a late start due to ff installation so we didnt get out till about 4 pm. We caught a couple decent fish including 1 pushing 30 but not big enough to weigh in. The last hit off the day took off screaming and felt pretty strong so we packed up the rods to chase. I could not get line back on it so we kept circling until we were close, something did not feel right and when i got it to the boat i found out why. This prob 20-22 lb king was hooked on a flasher fly in the tail. Ouch! No wonder he was in charge and i couldnt turn him. Thursday was a beautiful calm day on the water and with temps coming up the fishing steadily improved. With a handful of majors but nothing to weigh we lOoked forward to fri which would be our last day off. All of our fish have been on f/f and meat rigs, downriggers and dipseys shared equal success for a nice change of pace. Fri was pretty intense. In terms of hits it had to be over 30 but we only landed prob half that all day. Most off the fish we caught were over 20 lb which in itself is pretty crazy. We had one take a meat rig off the rigger, jump over the dipsey in the middle, snap that off and then turn around and snap the 50 lb flouro to the treble( must of had a nick) after that debacle we ran into a very powerful fish. We had a hit that looked normal for the day and my buddy grabs the rod out of the holder, after an awkward looking hookset motion this fish takes serious offence and screams line like i have never seen. Like 50 ft per second. After taking all of our braid he was down into some none to pretty backing and SNAP! Gone forever. Lesson learned we hadnt changed that since we started this derby fishing a few years ago. Dont cheap out with line amount. Spool every rod full or else. Thats our story. I only have one pic ill try post later, my buddys new boat is hard to lean over to release fish so as soon as the hooks out its beside the boat. If we get 1 over 30 ill pic it. Tightlines

Great report glad u got into some good action, lesson learned on the fish that spoiled you I guess lol, how depth of water were you fishing and what were your down temps like?

Also forgot to mention a few firsts

First time in new boat

First lamprey in the boat( cut in half)

First chinho( still being debated)

First "differnt" steelbow looked like the ones tim bromund posted.

First tail hooked fish( what a ride! )

That is all

how can you not love this ?? Lake Ontario, even with all the fishing that goes on....its still a real secret to the rest of Canada and the States. Great report, hope to see the picure :)

post-146833-0-64480800-1375295968_thumb.jpg

this was one that woudnt go back. looks a lot smaller because it was stuffed in a cooler but I believe it was either 26 or 28

post-146833-0-36276200-1375296127_thumb.jpg

this was a 24 or so from sun. I believe it was our first major of the season and our buddys biggest since starting to come out fishin last year