Ontario Bear Hunt 08/13

Hookedup

Made the trip back to Northern Ontario, to hunt with my good friend and outfitter Mike Mcnay of Cantraps Northern adventures.  It was my daughters second time on the trip she went two years ago when she was eight and now back again at the age of ten.  We had five hunters in our group all family and good friend of mine and within five days we had five bears loaded up for the ride home.  When we arrived early Friday morning Mike let us know that his wife had to be taken to the ER early that morning, she would spend the next 5 days in the hospital on a morphine drip waiting for another hospital with a cat scan to find her a spot (don’t get hurt in northern Canada).  In the end they got her in and found the problem she had surgery and is now home, but it took the five days to get her in.  Sierra and I tagged out the first three hours of the trip so we could spend the rest of the time helping Mike run bait, skinning bears, and running the guys to the stands since Mike had to look after his wife.  All the bears were great bears and had beautiful pelts.  If any of you are looking for a great bear hunt, that is an awesome trip to take with the wife and kids just let me know I will get you his contact information.   My daughter is all ready to go back next year for both bear and moose.  My three girls will probably all go next year.  In the last two years I think I have only spent a handful of days in the woods where one of them wasn’t in the stand with me. 

Northern Woods

IMG_0093_zpsf83e41ba.jpg

Cousins Husband Scott

IMG_20130818_164929_347_zps9822b29d.jpg 

Brother Inlaw

IMG_0072_zps944b4f18.jpg

Sierra

IMG_20130816_181929_2331_zpsc9fc3970.jpg

On the Scales now the work starts!

IMG_0083_zps769b8b31.jpg

One we let go

IMG_0008_zpsd2e7b19b.jpg