SEI sterndrives

chinook35

Does anyone have any experience with the sterndrives supplyed by SEI? I had a run in with a rock on my last trip out last Oct. and devestated my Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen II sterndrive. I did a great deal of searching on the web for used/rebuilt sterndrives. The best deal I found was the NEW sterndrives offered by SEI out of Fla. Is this too good to be true??? I hope for positive response because I purchased one!!! I will post my experiences when I get the old girl back in the water.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to update a previous post. Took the boat out on the St. Lawrence this PM. Put about 2 hours on the new sterndrive. No issues,very smooth shifting and quiet. Needs 5 hour break-in before I can exceed 3500 RPM. So far I am very pleased with this product.

• 2 months later...

Finally got over 10 hours on the new sterndrive. Has worked flawlessly. Quiet and smooth. Top speed is the same as with Alpha I. I would recommend this company to anyone who needs to replace their Mercruiser sterndrive. The SEI sterndrive is a new unit that sells for less than half the price of Mercury's rebuilt.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update. The SEI sterndrive I purchased to replace my Alpha 1 is performing beyond my hopes. I have run the boat at WOT (4400) for as much as 25 minutes with no issues. It performs as well or better than the Mercruiser it replaced.