Last Trip 09/28-29/13

Big Water

I'm coming up to pull my boat next weekend out of Wislon.  I imagine the mature salmon fishing is all but done.  I'm bringing my friend and his grandson, so I need some info on how to put him onto some fish.  Should I head to the bar and try for browns/lakers or head out deeper for some steelies.  I've never fished this late into the year and don't know what the odds are.  Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Doug

I fish Olcott. The salmon run is much greater in 18 mile creek than at Wilson. To catch kings, try trolling j plugs 50-100 ft back on riggers in 20-40 fow at first light or the last couple hours before dark. You want some fun, take casting rods,I use 8 1/2' with 12 lb test, in the evening and into the night, also before dawn and into the morning, around the piers in shallow. Also in the boat, you can fish the harbors away from people. I like evenings into the night, stay as long as you can. Cast rattling raps and glow Cleo's. Rattling baits at night are my favorite.

Hi Doug, Listen to John and King Fisher. Should be really good this weekend ! What day you coming up ? Is your boat at TYC by any chance ? I will be in front of Wilson or in the river not sure yet.

KilliansRed did you catch kings at stella and what were you using may i ask ?

Good luck Guys, Dave

Hi Doug, Listen to John and King Fisher. Should be really good this weekend ! What day you coming up ? Is your boat at TYC by any chance ? I will be in front of Wilson or in the river not sure yet.

KilliansRed did you catch kings at stella and what were you using may i ask ?

Good luck Guys, Dave

Dave,

My boat is at Wilson Boat Yard.  It's the "west coast" Hewescraft aluminum boat.  If I can swing it, I'll be up Friday by noon, otherwise Saturday.  Hope the wave forecast holds because I'd really like to hit the bar but not in 4-5' waves.

Good Luck this Weekend!

Doug